Boiler service and Boiler repairs – how much do they cost?
A regular boiler service is essential if you want to check that your boiler is running safely and efficiently. Ill-maintained or faulty boilers are a serious health risk to you and your household. Why? Because they can cause fatal carbon monoxide poisoning.
How often should I arrange a boiler service?
The industry recommends that you have your boiler serviced at least once a year.
The majority of our customers choose to service their boiler in the winter, when it is working hardest. As boiler engineers, we recommend that you book you boiler service in a different season, preferably the summer.
How do I book a service?
You need to contact your local boiler engineer. If you live in the Greater Manchester area, give us a call on 0161 367 1234 to speak to our friendly customer agents.
How do I prepare for the service?
It is always useful if you can clear the immediate area surrounding your boiler, so that the boiler engineer can have sufficient access to work.
If you can, please turn your boiler off around 1-2 hours before we arrive, this way none of the components will be too hot for us to work on.
…and lastly – please put the kettle on!
What does a boiler engineer do during a boiler service?
- Our engineer will check your boiler and controls to make sure they are working safely.
- The service will include an inspection of your boiler for corrosion and leaks.
- We will remove the boiler casing to check the main components
- Gas pressures will be checked to ensure that your boiler is working at the correct gas pressure.
- A flue test will be performed to ensure that your boiler isn’t releasing any unsafe emissions.
- We will refit the boiler casing and properly sealed.
- Our boiler engineer will complete a checklist for you, which includes the relevant information you need concerning the safety of your boiler.
What will my boiler service cost?
Bluewater Plumbers offers competitive prices for a boiler service in the Manchester area. Please contact us today to discuss the up-to-date prices and availability 0161 367 1234.